Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Parallax F. U.

Last month my credit card got hacked and some shithead fucker assholes charged $1,500.00 in gas and 7-11 slurpees in my name. This seemed like the best time to cancel my Netflix subscription. I mean, I drive a 1997 Saturn, I have no cell phone and no job, so why not, right? It just means me and the library will become that much closer. So, I rent The Parallax View. It's free but I really can't stand Warren Beatty. Really. If you stare at his face long enough it turns inward and becomes one big mound of lumpy flesh. Do it. Right now. Pause Dick Tracy, take your hand off your cock and stare directly into the vacant eyes of Shirley's evil, twin brother. His face will disappear...Right? I know.

Let's face it, he's been criminally miscast in every movie he casts himself in. The Parallax View is no exception, except the movie is so gay it's scary...Not gay scary, just apocolyptically gay scary. And there are no women in it (although one could argue Miss Beatty certainly fills out her bra in every scene) with the exception of Poor Paula Prentiss, an actress even worse than La Beatty, who steals the first 10 minutes of this otherwise deadly dull, man on man "action" thriller. She's killed off right away while sporting a suspiciously boyish hairdo. Who needs chicks? Certainly not Warren Beatty, who incidentally was William Friedkin's first choice for the lead in Cruising. He lost out to Al Pacino, who clearly has a bigger dick...See you soon, Rock Hard

6 comments:

  1. Where exactly did you hear that Beatty was Friedkin's first choice for "Cruising"? This is literally the first time I'm hearing this, and considering that I've studied up quite a bit on both "Cruising" and Warren Beatty for, oh, at least over 25 years now (thus making me perhaps the cinematic arch nemesis to Rock Hard), I'm slightly perplexed as to where this incidental fact was revealed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in Hollywood - it's common knowledge at the gyms, saunas and botox parties. Keep studying! Love, R.H. (p.s. Oldie Hawn told me)

      Delete
  2. Interesting. I suppose if the real Goldie Hawn told you then I guess it must be true -- Its just that in the eight or nine books on Warren Beatty that I've read over the years("Star...", by Peter Biskind; "Warren Beatty: A Private Man", by Suzanne Finstad; "The Sexiest Man Alive : A Biography of Warren Beatty", by Ellis Amburn; "Warren Beatty: His Life, His Loves, His Work", by Suzanne Munshower; "Warren Beatty and Desert Eyes: A Life and a Story", by David Thomson; Warren Beatty: "The Last Great Lover of Hollywood", by John Parker; "The Films of Warren Beatty", by Lawrence J. Quirk) and the five or six books I have on Friedkin ("William Friedkin: Films of Aberration, Obsession, and Reality", by Thomas D. Clagett; "Hurricane Billy: The Stormy Life and Films of William Friedkin", by Nat Segaloff; "The Exorcist: Studies in the Horror Film", by Danel Olson; "BFI Classics: The Exorcist", by Mark Kermode, not to mention the many articles about about "Cruising" that have the infamous Arthur Bell/Village Voice rants about the still unfinished film that started the summer protests of 1979; and finally the many articles about Friedkin and Beatty -- Not one of these documents, articles, books, etc. ever mentioned Friedkin considering Beatty for "Cruising" (or for any film he was considering and/or preparing to make). Even in Peter Biskind's sleazy tell-all "Easy Riders, Raging Bulls" its never mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's quite a bibliography...I very nearly fell asleep save for the bizarre fact that so many shitty books have been written about one shitty actor and one over-rated director. I love you...R.H.

      Delete
  3. Well, I guess I am just a fan of shitty actors & directors. But you can't deny that I'm passionate about them :)

    ReplyDelete